Author Topic: Welcome to the StyleCAD User Forum  (Read 2325 times)

Kathleen Fasanella

• Administrator
    • Fashion-Incubator
Welcome to the StyleCAD User Forum
« on: September 22, 2014, 11:50:50 AM »
This forum was created with the idea of sharing information (tutorials, videos etc) with other StyleCAD users. It is also open to anyone interested in the software or even, CAD [computer aided drafting] generally.  It would be great if you'd introduce yourself. Here's my brief bio:

I'm Kathleen Fasanella, probably better known as the blogger at Fashion-Incubator.com. I've been a pattern maker for 30+ years. I migrated to StyleCAD about 3 years ago. Speaking of (I'll have to change the user agreement), this forum is not affiliated with the software in an official capacity.  The company doesn't pay for the site hosting, the url registration or any of that. I pay for everything ($10 annual URL renewal and hosting is free for all intents and purposes since my company uses this host as a sandbox).
~Nurture people, not products~
Fashion-Incubator

Alex Gallo

Re: Welcome to the StyleCAD User Forum
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 02:51:12 PM »
Hi, I'm Alex Gallo. StyleCAD user and abuser. I'm a product designer for outdoor and military gear. I look forward to contributing.

Vesta

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 08:36:54 AM »
I'm Vesta. Mostly, we do product development and production management, but my partner and I also have a small dress line. We just started leasing StyleCAD a couple months ago. We are up-to-speed on digitizing, grading, and marking at a level that suits most of what comes across our desks, but we run into something about once a week that is new to us. Mostly the issues are related to the differences between paper pattern making and digital. And of course the software issues (How in the world can I bevel this seam allowance just exactly the way I want?). We haven't embarked on pattern drafting from scratch, but we're easing into it as we do other things.

Anyway, thanks Kathleen, for setting this up.

Kathleen Fasanella

• Administrator
    • Fashion-Incubator
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 02:23:00 PM »
(How in the world can I bevel this seam allowance just exactly the way I want?).
Here's a short tute on that. HTH
~Nurture people, not products~
Fashion-Incubator

MDayton

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 11:23:55 AM »
I am Martha Dayton, I work with Peggy Paradise and we make pressure garments for burned children. We are new to StyleCAD and have been making garments that are drafted by hand. We are looking to streamline and extend our garments to the rest of the hospitals we are affiliated with, and stylecad will be a great tool for accuracy and expanstion!