Author Topic: StyleCAD exclusive internal line (artwork) scale and radial grading feature  (Read 942 times)

Kathleen Fasanella

• Administrator
    • Fashion-Incubator
A long standing bugaboo in grading and in all grading programs, is the issue of being able to grade internal lines to they scale appropriately in each size. Iow, none of them can do it. Or rather, none could. StyleCAD finessed an existing tool in the program to permit nice scaling. This is a new feature so the next time you need to reload your exe files or something, the fix will be included.

Here's a hand out on it. It is not as helpful as it could be, it's just a starting point as this is a new feature and these instructions were written specifically for me.

Additional notes not in the documentation:
Select all lines [in the internal line grouping] in (whatever segment).
Right click work area, select "convert to notation".
In the dialog box that pop ups, select "no change" and then okay.

To grade the internal line "notation", flip over to grading side of PDS.
Select artwork, there should be a bounding box and right click.  Choose "enable scale grading"

From there you're home free altho it's a bit tricky...:) have to navigate corners to apply grade with the tab key. It'll take some fiddling with to get it right.

Known bugs: When viewing the internal lines within marker making, the internal lines won't appear or only partially. However, they plot out just fine (in my experience).

~Nurture people, not products~
Fashion-Incubator

Vesta

I'll share this with Angie and Rebekah. Thanks, K.

Kathleen Fasanella

• Administrator
    • Fashion-Incubator
Update to this, could be considered a bug:
When I export a pattern marker to gerber, not all of the artwork comes through. Playing with it, I've learned that if I save the artwork (if extensive) as 2 notations and grade each separately, I'm good.
~Nurture people, not products~
Fashion-Incubator