Author Topic: Digital export of graded nest  (Read 1197 times)

Vesta

Digital export of graded nest
« on: March 23, 2015, 05:51:10 AM »
We have clients ask for an emailed copy of the graded pattern, so they can review and approve our grading, which is best for everyone involved to have multiple eyes on every step. The easiest way to make a nest is through the plot manager, but it doesn't have a way to export a digital file, the way the marker program does. I'd love to see this feature added, and have emailed StyleCAD.

Kathleen Fasanella

• Administrator
    • Fashion-Incubator
Re: Digital export of graded nest
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 09:08:16 AM »
I've never had this request (but it is a good idea!). I am thinking that more of your customers have tools that mine don't or are younger or more hands on. I do a lot of snail mail nests tho.
~Nurture people, not products~
Fashion-Incubator

Kathleen Fasanella

• Administrator
    • Fashion-Incubator
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 09:11:41 AM »
Wait a minute. I'm getting old or something. I HAVE done this -for a home sewing pattern company. Let me think about how I did it and I'll get back to you.

So sorry!
Fashion-Incubator

Vesta

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 03:02:24 PM »
It's OK. Maybe you made a nested marker?

Kathleen Fasanella

• Administrator
    • Fashion-Incubator
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 06:14:56 PM »
Okay, just did it again. This is how -you work within the PDS window.

Go to Size >select All available sizes

If you're concerned that the seam lines will get in the way of seeing the sizes, go to View Filter>Seam display/Input, deselect "Sew".

Arrange the pieces to the view so that nothing is overlapping.

Go to File>Export DXF>name the file>
Under Select export dxf format, choose Illustrator CS2/3 (NOT the unspecified illustrator format). Use the defaults except maybe deselect "sewing line as internal line" just in case >click "OK"

Hopefully the customer has something to open dxf to print. They can also use illustrator -they need to IMPORT the dxf and then save it as a pdf for printing or can measure on screen if they know how to do that.

HTH
Fashion-Incubator

Vesta

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 10:05:16 PM »
Oh, that's interesting. I'll give it a whirl. Hopefully, SC will come up with a way to send something more accessible, but this is better than nothing! Thank you!